Official Terms & Conditions
The Southport Weekender
Official Terms & Conditions – Your Weekender Contract
1. Our agreement is a legal contract and begins when we have received payment for yourself and your party (either deposit or full amount).
2. When a booking is made with a credit or debit card either over the phone or on-line, a credit card verification form will be posted to you and this must be completed by the card holder and accompanied by the card holder’s signature.
3. When completing the booking we need to know the following info inside 1 calendar month, should this not happen then our contract with you is broken;
* Your full name and address
* The names and addresses of all the members of your party
* 2 passport sized photos of each member of your party, with names on the back (1 for Weekender pass and 1 for our records) by the required deadline
* The party leader must provide a SAE.
4. Our agreement is between UpNorth Promotions and the first person on the booking form (the party leader) and binds you and all the members of your party to comply with the terms of the agreement. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party are aware of and comply with the agreement. You must also tell us if there are any changes to your party.
Our Agreement Includes:
a) In the event of the festival having to change venue at any point in order to ensure continuity, then Southport Weekender reserve the right to do so. Should this happen party leaders will be informed but refunds can not be given due to such circumstances.
b) The line-up as expressed on our website and any promotional material as expressed at the time of booking (very rarely unforeseen circumstances may force cancellation of artists/DJ’s we will endeavour to replace these wherever possible). The Southport Weekender can not be held responsible for the cancellation of anything to do with the event due to natural disasters or acts of God. Should this happen then refunds can not be given due to such circumstances.
c) The Holiday Complex site facilities as shown.
d) All written communication between us.
e) Rules and notices applying to the Southport site.
6. Separate agreements will be formed between us for facilities or activities not included in the price of the Weekender and any conditions of use/participation will be notified to you.
7. Our agreement is governed by English law and is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales. Please also note the provisions stated in the ‘Our Liability to You’ section of this agreement. Should any of the terms of our agreement be officially declared void or un-enforceable, all other parts of our agreement will remain in full force and effect, where possible.
Our right to decline a booking
8. For the protection and enjoyment of all guests, we reserve the right to ask for information about any member of your party including age, gender, address and if we believe that the Weekender is unsuitable for any particular group, we will decline a booking at our sole discretion.
9. A special request will only form part of our agreement when we have confirmed it in writing.
Important Advice for Guests with a Disability
10. We welcome guests with disabilities and aim for our services to be accessible to all where reasonably possible. It is important that you tell us at the time of booking if any member of your party has any form of disability or incapacity, so that we can consider any reasonable adjustments prior to concluding your booking. You are required to update us with any change in circumstances prior to and during your holiday.
11. For further information regarding special facilities or adjustments we may be able to make, please call 0844 879 7210, between 9.00 am and 5.30 pm Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays).
The Price of Your Weekender
12. The cost of your Weekender is the price that we quote and you accept at the time you make your booking. The price includes accommodation and entertainment and all facilities listed as free by the Holiday Complex at the time of the Weekender. Our prices include VAT at the rate in force at the time of the booking.
13. The prices shown in the flyer and our other publications are an indication only and include VAT at the rate applicable at the time the brochure was sent to press.
14. We reserve the right to increase or decrease our prices should there be any variation in VAT.
15. We will not increase any of our prices within 30 days before the start of the Weekender.
16. If any such change means you paying more than 10% on the cost of your Weekender you will be entitled to cancel your booking with a full refund of all monies paid.
AMENDING/CANCELLING YOUR BOOKING
17. Should you wish to amend your booking in any way, please ring us immediately. We will then do our best to make the necessary arrangements for you if we can meet your requirements. We reserve the right to charge £25 for each amendment. Amendments can not be accepted within 1 calendar month of the event. We will always endeavour to adjust parties in size providing the relevant chalets are available. If in the event of a party drop out that the reduced chalet is not available then the original place must be paid for in full.
18. If you need to cancel the Weekender, call us urgently on 0844 879 7210 or alternatively e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
19. If we receive your written cancellation 56 days or more before your holiday start date, there will be no costs other than the deposit amount of £50 per person which is a non-refundable booking fee.
20. If we receive your written cancellation 55 days or less before the Weekender start date, you will be liable to pay us the whole cost of the Weekender. It is very important that you are adequately insured so please advise all your party members of this.
21. If you have not arrived by 2.00pm on the day after the start of the Weekender was due to commence or contacted the centre to confirm when you will arrive, we will assume that you have cancelled the Weekender and all the money received will be forfeited.
CANCELLATION BY US
22. We reserve the right to cancel or terminate your Weekender and that of the rest of your party at any time:
• Should we in our sole discretion consider your conduct, or the conduct of any member of your party, is likely to pose a danger or impair the safety, comfort or enjoyment of our other guests, our staff or other members of the public or be likely to do so; or
• If you failed to disclose any material facts to us when booking your Weekender or in any communications with us; or
• If you or any of your party fail to comply with any of the terms of our agreement.
In the above circumstances no refunds or compensation will be given.
23. Should we cancel the Weekender in circumstances other than those detailed above, we will offer you
• A full refund minus the initial non refundable deposit
• A substitute Weekender, if possible
We may also pay you compensation, if appropriate, except where we cancelled due to:
• Unexpected circumstances beyond our control as permitted by law or
• Insufficient bookings.
24. If there are insufficient bookings for the Weekender, we reserve the right to cancel and let you know at least 7 days before the start of the Weekender.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
25. We accept responsibility for death, injury or illness only when caused by the negligent acts and/or omissions of our employees, agents, suppliers and subcontractors whilst acting in the course or scope of their employment with us.
26. In all cases, except personal injury or death, our liability to you is limited to the total cost of the relevant person’s Weekender, if taking a Weekender charged on a per person basis or the relevant pro-rata proportion of the cost.
27. Where we make any payments to you or any members of your party in the above circumstances, you or they must then assign to us or our insurers any rights you or they may have to pursue any other third party. You must also provide our insurers and us with all assistance required.
28. We reserve the right for ourselves and appropriate third parties (for example the Police or security) to enter your apartment at any time for any reasonable purpose, for example, to make checks, carry out essential inspection, maintenance work or repairs.
29. Photography (still, digital (including mobile phone handsets) and video) is not permitted in any changing rooms or pool areas. Only non-intrusive photography of your own party and friends is permitted on our site.
30. By entering into this agreement, you understand that the details provided will be used in booking and providing your chosen Weekender; for related purposes including marketing and for providing selected organisations with your details so that they can provide you with information about products and services which may interest you. You also confirm that you have the consent of your party members to make their data available for the above purposes. You can withdraw your consent for the above at any time by writing to us.
Care of Your Possessions
31. It is your responsibility to look after and care for your possessions, valuables and money whilst at the Weekender with us. You should not leave valuable items unattended in your accommodation or elsewhere and we suggest you do not bring such possessions to the Weekender unless absolutely necessary. We cannot accept any liability for loss or damage unless due to our negligence.
32. We strongly recommend that you have suitable holiday or comprehensive insurance.
33. In case of any loss, please contact Guest Services (where you checked in at the main entrance to the Resort) or Resort Safety. After the Weekender, the return of any lost property will incur a charge for postage and packing.
Holiday Centre Rules
34. The following rules apply to the Holiday Complex and other local rules may apply:
• You may not bring or use portable heating appliances of any type in accommodation.
• Alcoholic beverages purchased elsewhere can be brought on site in reasonable quantities.
• Abuse of alcohol is not permitted.
• Excessive noise or rowdy behaviour is not permitted.
• Offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in the involvement of the Police.
• You must not commit or attempt to commit any illegal act.
• For domestic waste, you must use the little bins and / or recycle centres situated throughout the Resort. Please contact Guest Services to arrange for the disposal
• You must keep to the roads and footpaths provided and abide by all applicable speed limit.
35. On check in at the Resort you must provide a completed Credit Card Disclaimer with the Credit Card details of the Lead Guest, this will only be used should you cause any damage or loss to facilities on the Resort. You must use your accommodation and other facilities with care and on departure leave it in a clean and tidy condition. We reserve the right to charge your card for any charges incurred by us, should you not comply with this requirement. Your Credit Card Disclaimer will be destroyed once an accommodation check has been completed after your departure.
Damage to Our Property and Compensation
36. We reserve the right, either during or after your stay, to recover from you the costs of:
• Any damage caused by you to our property, accommodation, articles or facilities provided to you during the Weekender.
• Any compensation we may pay to other persons, guests or third parties we incur in resolving any acts or omissions of you or any member of your party, or as a consequence of any breach of this Contract.
CAN WE HELP YOU?
37. If for any reason you are not completely happy with the Weekender or have any difficulties, please let Guest Services staff or the Head of Security at the site know as soon as possible and they will do their best to help so that you can enjoy the rest of your Weekender. If you are still not satisfied, you must record your complaint in writing with a member of the reception staff or the Head of Security whilst at the Weekender.
38. At the end of the Weekender, if you feel that we have not dealt with your complaint satisfactorily, you must write to us, at the address in 5 above, within 28 days of the end of your Weekender. We can only take action on complaints that were recorded whilst you were at the Weekender and received within 28 days unless exceptional circumstances apply. We can only correspond with the lead name person on the booking so that we have the opportunity to resolve matters as swiftly and satisfactorily as possible.
39. Where disputes arise between guests, these matters are normally entirely beyond our control and responsibility. We will endeavour to provide assistance where reasonably possible but, under data protection laws, we are not able to provide any personal information about other guests, even in the event of a dispute. If we can assist you and you are able to claim for any costs we incur in helping you, e.g. from a third party or under an insurance policy, then any costs incurred by us will be recoverable from you.
Continuation of Contract Terms
Should any of the terms of our Contract be officially declared void or un-enforceable, the remainder of our arrangements shall remain, where possible, in full force and effect.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Arrival and Departure
Your accommodation will be available at approximately 4pm on the Friday, but you will be able to check in from 1pm. When leaving, please vacate the accommodation by 2pm on the Sunday. Your accommodation will be checked post your departure and any damages charged to the credit card nominated on your Credit Card Disclaimer.
4 berth Apartment, two bedrooms (one double and one twin) with living / kitchen / diner
6 berth Apartment, three bedrooms (one double and two twin) with living / kitchen / diner
7 berth Apartment, three bedrooms (one double, one triple / bunks and one twin) with living / kitchen / diner
8 berth Apartment, four bedrooms (two double and two twins) with living / kitchen / diner
2 berth Room, one bedroom (double or twin)
3 berth Room, two bedrooms (one double and one single)
4 berth Room, two bedrooms (one double and one twin)
5 berth Room, two bedrooms (one double and one triple / bunks)
6 berth Room, three bedrooms (one double and two twins)
Bed Linen is provided in all accommodation
NO TOWELS ARE PROVIDED – please remember to bring your own
All accommodation and venues are NO SMOKING at Butlins, we ask everyone to co-operate for the comfort of guests and staff. Please note that smoking is permitted in designated areas.
Availability and use of facilities
We will always try and ensure that all facilities are available during the Weekender but maintenance and other work to facilities may be necessary from time to time. Certain facilities may be affected or be unavailable due to inclement weather conditions and all are available on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
Vehicles must be parked in specified areas to allow essential services access to all areas of the holiday centre. The car parks are not supervised and vehicles are parked at your own risk. We recommend that you remove all possessions and securely lock your vehicle.
With the exceptions of assistance dogs notified to us on booking, pets are not allowed at our centres.